- Safe and Effective Treatment of Feather Mites on Horses
- Start To See Results In 24 Hours
- Contains Pure Essential Oils
- Vet Trusted and Recommended
- Stops Stamping and Itching caused by Feather Mites
- Can be used on White Feather
Farriers Biosect Mite Treatment combo contains a 500ml bottle of our Feather Mite Spray and a 500ml bottle of Feather Mite Shampoo. These two products when used together offer the best treatment and prevention of Feather Mites. TREATING FEATHER MITES For those of us that own heavily feathered horses, we know how difficult it can be to treat and manage Feather Mites. The two main problems we face are firstly not being able to see the mites and secondly, those beautiful feathers are the ideal habitat and breeding grounds for these critters to live and thrive. Feather Mites are microscopic parasites that live on the skin of horses amongst the feathers. They are invisible to the naked eye and the first we know our horse has them is constant stamping of the feet or chewing and rubbing the lower legs. By this time the mites are well established and can be extremely difficult to treat. It must be noted that Feather Mites have a 42 day cycle and any attempt to successfully eliminate infestation must be continued well beyond this period. Even once you have successfully treated your horse, they are prone to re-infestation simply through contact with other horses, sharing or borrowing grooming kit and even from hay and bedding. Farriers Equine Care produce two products that when used together offer the best outcome when treating Feather Mites. A Spray and a Shampoo which both contain Biomethrin, a derivative of the Chrysanthemum plant family and is approved for use on horses and donkeys. Biomethrin works by coming into direct contact with the Mites and paralyses their nervous system. This renders them unable to move and they die within 24 hours. Farriers Biosect Spray is used to initially treat Feather Mites and should be reapplied 10 days after initial treatment to catch any newly hatched eggs
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Material: Our pet accessories are made from high-quality materials to ensure durability and comfort for your furry friends. Please refer to individual product descriptions for specific materials used.
- Cleaning: We recommend cleaning our pet accessories on a regular basis to maintain their appearance and hygiene. For most items, hand washing with mild soap and water is sufficient. Please refer to individual product care instructions for more details.
- Sizing: To ensure the perfect fit for your pet, please measure them carefully before making a purchase. Each product has its own sizing chart, so please refer to those for accurate measurements.
- Safety: While we strive to create safe products for pets, it is important to always supervise your pet while they are using our accessories. Some items may present choking hazards if not used correctly.
- Storage: When not in use, store our pet accessories in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. This will help maintain their quality and prolong their lifespan.
Shipping & Returns
We will try our best to process your orders within 1 working day. Once the order has been shipped out, you will receive a shipping confirmation email to track the package.
If you don't love it, easily exchange or return your items within 14 days of receiving it. Just contact us and we'll take care of you.
Question about the shipping fee?
Free Shipping All Orders