- Durable saddle bag-style dog pack with 2 exterior & 2 interior pockets, for carrying water, treats, pick-up bags, additional layers and other essentials, Perfect for all-day hikes and day adventures
- Size: Medium (69-81 cm/27-32 in) – measurement of dog’s girth around the widest part of rib cage (behind front legs), Larger size when in doubt, Integrated harness with adjustable padded straps
- 3 lead attachment points: V-ring on top, webbing loop on back & chest. Grab handle for lifting and assisting, and high visibility with reflective trim and loop for compatible lights
- Featuring lightweight, water-resistant material with robust woven straps adapted from mountaineering technology, side-release buckles and flopper-stopper straps for a secure hold
- Contents: 1x Ruffwear Hiking Day Pack for Dogs. Capacity: 10.5L, Weight: 480g, Materials: 300 denier polyester ripstop, Blue Moon - Hand wash with mild detergent and air dry
Dog Day Backpack
Front Range Day Pack
The Front Range Day Pack incorporates Ruffwear's signature radial cut saddlebags with the customer-favorite Front Range Harness platform, making it an everyday pack staple in any dog's gear closet. Dogs can help shoulder the load thanks to the integrated padded harness and belly strap that adjust for exceptional fit and pack stability. The saddlebag geometry creates a passive compression system that is formfitting and supports efficient load carrying.
STABLE GEAR CARRY
Radial cut, weight-forward saddlebag design creates passive compression that stabilizes contents.
2 ZIPPERED POCKETS
Internal stretch mesh pockets for organization. Pockets equip dogs to carry the day's provisions.
Low-profile padded handle for controlled and comfortable lift and assist.
Three leash attachment points: aluminum V-ring on back, reinforced webbing loop on chest & tow loop.
Reflective accents for visibility in low-light conditions & light loop for attaching The Beacon.
Find the Right Size Pack for Your Dog
Before heading out on your first adventure with the Front Range Day Pack, we recommend that you properly adjust the pack so that your dog is comfortable and ready to explore.
Our sizing is based on the girth measurement around the widest part of the rib cage. Use our sizing chart and how to measure video to select the appropriate size for your dog. Check out our 'How to fit and adjust video' to learn proper fit and adjustment techniques for the Front Range Day Pack.
HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN MY DOG CARRY IN THEIR BACKPACK?
We suggest keeping total carrying weight (incl. the pack and its contents) under 25% of your dog’s body weight. First-time pack-wearers or senior dogs may want to go lighter. Puppies should wait until they're fully grown before carrying any weight.
HOW DO I GET MY DOG USED TO WEARING A PACK?
Try having your dog wear their pack on walks and short hikes. It’ll give both of you the chance to get to know the pack and its features. Plus, you can dial in the fit. Start with an empty pack, then work up to carrying some weight.
WHAT GEAR COULD MY DOG CARRY IN A PACK?
Depending on the size of the pack, your dog could carry items such as a leash, bowl, water, food, boots, treats, a toy or pick up bags.
WHAT IS THE CAPACITY OF THE FRONT RANGE DAY PACK?
The Front Range Day Pack capacity is dependent on the size of the pack:
XS: 274 in3 (4.5 L)
S: 488 in3 (8 L)
M: 640 in3 (10.5 L)
L/XL : 1129 in3 (18.5 L)
- Material: Our pet accessories are made from high-quality materials to ensure durability and comfort for your furry friends. Please refer to individual product descriptions for specific materials used.
- Cleaning: We recommend cleaning our pet accessories on a regular basis to maintain their appearance and hygiene. For most items, hand washing with mild soap and water is sufficient. Please refer to individual product care instructions for more details.
- Sizing: To ensure the perfect fit for your pet, please measure them carefully before making a purchase. Each product has its own sizing chart, so please refer to those for accurate measurements.
- Safety: While we strive to create safe products for pets, it is important to always supervise your pet while they are using our accessories. Some items may present choking hazards if not used correctly.
- Storage: When not in use, store our pet accessories in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. This will help maintain their quality and prolong their lifespan.
Shipping & Returns
We will try our best to process your orders within 1 working day. Once the order has been shipped out, you will receive a shipping confirmation email to track the package.
If you don't love it, easily exchange or return your items within 14 days of receiving it. Just contact us and we'll take care of you.
Question about the shipping fee?
Free Shipping All Orders